Friday, March 7, 2014

Starbucks Siren WIP

I love Starbucks and I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the delicious coffee and cozy atmosphere endearing. As a former graphic design student I've always admired their use of type and logos, but as embarrassing as it is for me to admit it, I only recently had the realization that the Starbucks logo is a siren. That in my opinion, was extremely clever of Starbucks, because if you know anything about sirens you know they appear appealing on the outside, until you're within their grasp.. then you can't escape. Coincidentally Starbucks has done this very same thing to me, and now I can't go a day without coffee.


You should also know that I still consider this piece a WIP (work in progress) but I feel like it would be really cool to release the final piece in a "mermaids in cups" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment